annoying coworker The Chronicles of Bleh: My Annoying Coworker: "It's all about me!!" -- Bleh

4.30.2012

"It's all about me!!" -- Bleh

So Bleh's mother-in-law (MIL) has been living with her and her family for the past 4 years. This is a pretty normal thing for many families. Just recently, the MIL decided to move to an assisted living facility because she no longer drives. Since Bleh & Co live in the middle of nowhere, this is a logical and necessary step.
Now, Bleh doesn't like her MIL and has "put up with her" ever since she moved in, which technically, the MIL never did, as she lived in a guesthouse in their backyard. So instead of being happy because she is now free of her MIL's daily presence, Bleh is "angry" (her word) because her husband's mother had the audacity to "make" them build a guesthouse for her, then live with them for 4 years, and then move out! How dare she! Who does she think she is? Family?!

Huh??!
I know, I know...only Bleh could be upset something like about this. I mean, really...someone does something that's best for them and, I might add, works out to Bleh's advantage, but Bleh gets mad because it's Not. About. Her. Everything has to be about her.

Don't believe me? Here's an example of just how narcissistic and awful Bleh is --- I got married a couple years ago. My wedding was on a Friday afternoon at 4pm due to various reasons/limitations. Bleh saw her invitation* and got upset (as usual) and actually had the balls to ask me, "Do you not want us to come to your wedding? Why didn't you schedule it at a better time for us?" 'Us' meaning her.

Yep, she asked me that. Because obviously my wedding was all about her.

I could have slapped her. Maybe I should have. But I didn't. I took a deep breath then explained that she certainly did not have to attend if she was unable to take an hour off work on a Friday afternoon.

Bleh did not end up coming to the wedding. (Thank the gods!) Many of my coworkers did, however, and we had a great time. Unfortunately, all those nice coworkers are in other departments and I'm still stuck with Miss Sourpuss seething across the room. Ugh. The negativity gets a little dense in here sometimes.

I've worked with Bleh for almost 6 years. A lot of readers continue to ask me, "WHY?" The only answer I can give is that the Universe has not yet opened a door for me to escape. It will happen. Maybe I'm paying off some karmic debt from a previous life? Perhaps. Until then, I will bide my time, breathe deeply, get as Zen as I can, and continue to vent on this blog. My schadenfreude is yours to consume, Gentle Readers.

*I couldn't invite everyone else in the office except her, right? Don't answer that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once worked in a horrible office (a medium-sized CPA firm - CPA firms are the absolute worst for coming across psychos) where even the head boss was a maniac.

Someone there got married and didn't invite me and a handful of other people, I assume because he didn't like us (and the feeling was mutual, but still....).

The wedding was on the day of New Year's Eve. Almost the entire office left early for the wedding and left the handful of us sitting there to work the entire rest of the day instead of letting us know we could close the office and go home early because it was holiday like we normally do (we ended up deciding to do that on our own!). So you can certainly exclude people at work from your wedding!