annoying coworker The Chronicles of Bleh: My Annoying Coworker: A little Drama and some Ass

12.12.2011

A little Drama and some Ass

Readers have asked if Mini-Bleh is hot or if Bleh has a nice ass. The answer to both questions is a resounding "No." Here's a visual -- I can honestly compare Bleh's butt to a bag of apples: a small bag with a lot of apples in it with a large crease in the middle. Yuck. Mini-Bleh has a rather plain face, usually with a confused expression draped across it. She's about 19 and has a slender build and fortunately seems to have avoided her mother's fashion faux pas of too-tight pants. Unfortunately, despite her rather normal dress, she's still a pathetic creature who calls her mother "mommie" in public.

Now, let's get down to today's "drama." It's in quotes because it's completely manufactured by Bleh, as is per usual. Apparently a coworker is out today because she is very depressed. Instead of leaving the poor woman alone, Bleh has taken it upon herself to tell EVERYONE in the office this coworker's business, and has even gone so far as to tell (not ask) Teh Supervisor that she was going to go over to the sad coworker's house because she "can't concentrate" and is "worried." This was at 10:30 this morning.

Yes, you read that correctly: The Sup didn't stop Bleh from just leaving the office on a whim, nor did she tell Bleh she'd have to use her leave time to go. No, Bleh is apparently in charge around here and can do whatever the hell she wants. Geez.

While I feel badly for the depressed coworker, I feel even more badly for her because she had to endure a visit from Bleh. What could be more depressing than that? Yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the supervisor was just as happy as you for her to leave. I hope you were able to get some stuff done while she was out.

I'd like to share something with you because I empathize with your scenario. For the past year I have been living in Nepal and smoking hash all day. I still have stress, but in the grand scheme of things, I've got nothing on bleh.

As an introduction into the workplace I started doing some clerical work in an office. I was horrified at the catty office politics. My mind recoiled at the lack of stimulus and I started reading abstracts on new surgical techniques instead of filing them diligently. I knew that office shit was not for me.

I tried other menial jobs until I found myself delivering packages as a bicycle courier. It was a low status position, but I was outdoors and I met with some attractive secretaries. There was plenty of freedom to enjoy or just not show up for work. Still this was not enough for me. Not enough money and too many lawyers who were dicks.

Eventually I started using my free time to write software that generates webpages. Now I live an alarm clock free lifestyle. It took me about a year to teach myself the concepts behind computer programming and the other related topics. In the mornings (its now 11:37 NPT) I wake up and check how much ad revenue I have. After that I go mountain biking all day or just vegetate around the house. I have 5 bathrooms and a maid service.

I hope you can find a way to transcend this office bullshit. Too many people just accept things as they are because it seems like there is no alternative. Truthfully, there is an alternative but everyone around you is too lazy, dumb, or uncreative to see it.

You deserve better than slaving away at the clone wars. Leave that for the droids. Take this angst you have at the office and apply it to an escape plan.

I know you did not ask for my advice, but I felt compelled to share my experience. There is a way out. I enjoy the blog either way.